Hot Springs in Hidalgo
Geysers are a spectacular phenomenon found only in a few destinations around the world and they offer many health benefits!
WALKING THROUGHOUT GEYSERS IN MEXICO
DINKtravelers presumes that as part of your daily life you do yoga and exercise. At the same time, it’s probable that from time to time you also go to spas to pamper your body with massages and exfoliations that help keep your skin young. That’s why we want to tell you that there are natural sites where you can get the same benefits as the ones you get after 10 minutes in the steam room at the gym or spa. Don’t wait any further, make the most of your next vacation and revitalize your body and mind.
On your next trip, visit one of the geysers found around the world like the one located in the state of Hidalgo, Mexico. These natural spas are created from underground dormant volcanoes. There, hot sulfur springs flow from an area close to the Earth’s magma. For this reason, their temperatures reach up to 90ºC (194ºF) while they emanate a very peculiar odor similar to the one produced by burning fireworks.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BATHING IN HOT SPRINGS
Apart from telling you about their origin, we want to invite you to take note of thehealth benefits that hot sulfur springs offer:
- They help eliminate impurities and serve as a gentle scrub. At the same time, they open the pores enabling a deep cleansing. They also remove dead cells and kill the bacteria that form on the skin’s surface. What’s more, they hydrate your tissues making your skin look young and supple.
- Heat helps your blood –full of oxygen and nutrients for your cells– flow easily through your bloodstream.
- They ease the strain in your muscles and tendons promoting a faster recovery from injuries.
- They relieve tension making you feel calm.
Apart from these benefits, there’s a marvelous spectacle that is also part of this experience: When you find yourself enjoying a bath in the hot sulfur springs you’ll see huge columns of water vapor shoot up to the skies from practically the center of the earth. This is a spectacular phenomenon that only occurs in a few destinations around the world.
THE GEYSER IN HIDALGO
- During the first half of the twentieth century the springs were believed to be sources of energy.
- During the last decade, they have become one of the favorite destinations of the Asian touristic market.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR BATHING IN HOT SPRINGS
- Take a bottle of water and drink small sips from time to time to avoid dehydration.
- Have something to eat a few hours before bathing in hot spring waters.
- Complement your visit with activities such as crossing hanging bridges and flying down zip-lines.
- Remember that during your visit you might not have any service on your smartphone so you’ll have to wait a few hours before posting pictures of your experience on social networks.